Thursday, January 8, 2009

An Untitled Sestina

I actually believed the stronzo.
He said he would change it, like every other time.
So I waited for the change, gave him another chance.
But of course, the change didn’t exist.
What a confused mind.
He must’ve thought I was stupid.

I must have a sign on my head that reads “stupid.”
Or maybe it must say, “Stronzo.”
To think that I wouldn’t find out this time.
Ok, it may sound stupid, but I deserve a chance
To move up. I mean, I want to prove that I exist.
I know that she wouldn’t mind.

But I mind.
I mind because he thinks I’m stupid
For thinking he got away with it. That stronzo!
I did a little snooping this time.
I went into the lab to see if I had a chance
In exposing his error. The proof existed!

I wanted to get credit for the work I did, of which proof exists.
While the tech lady talked, past lies entered my mind.
He was stupid for thinking I was stupid.
I found out nothing could be done after I asked the stronzo
To do it before the deadline. This time
I was furious. It could change my chance

Of getting accepted somewhere, a chance
I could not take. I did not want him to exist
Anymore in my mind.
He should have tried to trick the stupid
People, not the ones like me who’ll just make him look like a stronzo!
I would not settle. Not this time.

I could not waste any more time.
I would tell everyone of his false nature, of the small chance
They had of getting something out of him, of the existence
Of the antonym of fulfillment that dwelled in his mind.
I warned them not to be stupid
And have the roles be reversed into letting them become the stronzi!

He never lost the association of a stronzo!
He’ll never get another chance
To change the liar association in my mind.

No comments: